Services for the preparation of the study to assess the reliability of the Lithuanian power system
Customer: National Commission for Energy Control and Prices
Partners: Ea Energianalyse a/s http://www.ea-energianalyse.dk/
Article 19 of the Law on Electricity of the Republic of Lithuania (Official Gazette Valstybes Žinios, 2012, No 17-752) provides: Article 19. Reliability Monitoring. 1. The Commission shall monitor and assess the reliability of transmission and distribution systems. The outcome on reliability monitoring shall be summarised in annual reports published on the website of the Commission. The reports shall include the following data:
1) the supply and demand balance of electricity (actual consumption) at the national electricity system level;
2) the level of expected future demand for electricity and envisioned supply possibilities;
3) expansion of electricity generation capacity;
4) measures to cover peak demand for electricity and system balancing and control measures;
5) the level and quality of the electricity system maintenance.
UAB Ekotermija prepared a report to the Customer in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 1 of Article 19 of the Law.
The report provides analyses and recommendations on the adequacy of the Lithuanian electricity transmission system, and analyses and evaluates the reliability indicators: UE (Unsupplied Energy), LOLP (Loss of Load Probability), AIT (Average Interruption Time), SAIDI (System Average Interruption Duration Index), SAIFI (System Average Interruption Frequency Index), MAIFI (Momentary Average Interruption Frequency Index). The state of electricity generation, transmission and distribution network elements (lines, transformer substations, etc.) was also evaluated.